Thursday, February 25, 2010

Merino Lace from Favorite Socks

I have been knitting along on my Olympics project #2, the Merino Lace socks from Favorite Socks. The pattern has been quick to memorize. I appreciate the way the this-way-that-way leaning 3-st lace columns help me keep track of the 5-st lace repeats, and after a knit through the 12 st center panel, I can see what's going on there and don't have to keep checking the charts. It's also lovely to get a rest every other round. It's just such a clever pattern!

Since I have only 444 yards of Gloss yarn, not the recommended 525, I am shortening the leg by 2 repeats. I meant to weigh my Sleepy Hollow socks before the heel flap started, but I forgot. I'm thinking I should have more than half my yarn left, but I'm not sure if I should have two-thirds.

I am going to do the heel as directed, as the lace continues down the heel flap, and the st st gussets look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment