Sunday, March 20, 2011

Um... yeah.

I stopped posting for a bit. Quite a bit. As in, I forget how many things I've knit and how many dogs I've fostered. Lots of the former, a few of the latter.

The big news? I'm knitting baby things for my niece, due July 5. Knitting baby things is awesome. And addictive. A whole sweater is just a few hours! I even did a blanket, but that was a bit of a chore, even in my favorite Little Arrowhead pattern. It's fun adding little details to projects, such as the Wee Leaf set, pictured here. I added wee leaves to the straps of Mary Jane booties instead of knitting socks. Ack, the cuteness!

The next big news? Foster failure! We (a term I must use loosely, as my boys didn't have a lot of choice) adopted Jayne, a chihuahua-terrier mix. She's a dainty little devil, who cleverly hid her Jack Russell-ness until I had completely fallen for her. (No, there is nothing wrong with Jack Russells, I just prefer to believe I am smarter than my dog, and Russells really challenge that belief.)

Anyway, Jaynie is a sweet girl. We've had to put up with teenage puppy tricks that we had forgotten - the interminable chewing, for example. She has devoured more rolls of toilet paper than all of the pups who've ever lived in our bathroom. I praised her last week because she only shredded a roll halfway, instead of making confetti out of the whole roll. She may be growing up!

Jayne is the happy recipient of two sweaters. She is such a girl, she loves 'em! At only ten pounds, she's a good size to knit for, too. Poor Harley, at 30 pounds, never gets sweaters!

I've spent a lot of time updating my Ravelry page with photos, so instead of going into details about the past, I'm going to start fresh!

My current project is a test knit, the Corona Sweater. It's a basic knit from the bottom up, in the round, close-fitting sweater with just a titch of color work and some cabled ribbing. So far, so good. I'm using Valley Yarns Northampton, and really loving this yarn. It's super cushy and the color has lots of depth.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and congratulations on the "foster failure"! She is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete